- “ABC of Corset-making” is the basic course for beginners.
- We learn basic sewing actions, required for corset making.
- We do not make finished products, only practice the technique.
Skills you gain:
- Cutting fabric the right way;
- Applying fusible interfacing;
- Sewing in the boning;
- Lapped seam;
- Curving the boning;
- Ripping off the boning;
- Types of seams and pressing.
Where to use:
- These actions are used on a daily basis, in every corset based garment you make.
Author: Tatiana Kozorovitsky
Total length: 35m 23s
Applying Fusible Interfacing
In this video I am going to show you how to apply fusible interfacing correctly. Let’s take some iron-on batiste, place it over the main fabric piece and press the pieces together accurately with an iron. Once the pieces have been thoroughly fixed together, you can finish the fusing process. Turn the pieces over and press on one more time.
You were learning with Tatiana Kozorovitsky.
Upgrade to the Premium membership to get your personal diploma!
The example of the diploma: